Backyard Pool Safety Resources Every Parent Needs This Summer
Swimming is a great way for kids and adults alike to have fun and get some exercise at the same time. And when you have a backyard swimming pool, there’s no better place to spend a hot summer afternoon! However, failing to prioritize pool safety can lead to accidents. These backyard pool safety resources will show you how to turn your pool into a safe backyard oasis!
Prioritize Pool Security
Reliable pool security tools can be pricey, but knowing that your family will be safe in your pool is worth every penny!
- Research different types of pool fences to see which one will suit your backyard and pool security needs.
- Having an automatic pool cover can bring you peace of mind – you’ll know that your pool is always covered when you’re not using it.
- A motion-sensitive pool alarm can give you an additional level of security.
- Do you need to take care of any pool repairs? Plan to spend about $222 to $986.
Pool Cleaning Resources
You don’t need to hire a professional to clean your pool or treat the water to prevent bacteria growth – here’s how to handle these tasks on your own!
- Find out how to test the pH level of your pool water to maintain the right balance.
- If your water looks slightly green, follow this thorough guide to shocking your pool.
- Using floating chlorine tablets is a convenient way to ensure that your pool water is continuously being treated.
- Consider other effective methods for sanitizing your pool without using chlorine.
Learning to Swim Safely
Your kid might feel like they’re ready to dive right in, but you should take this opportunity to give them a few swim lessons.
- If your child is nervous about learning to swim, focus on building up their courage first!
- Learn how to effectively teach your child basic swimming skills without pushing them past their boundaries.
- When your child is ready, help them practice the freestyle stroke.
- Consider posting pool safety rules in your backyard for everyone to follow.
When you have a backyard swimming pool, your family will always be able to get some relief when the sun is high in the sky on those scorching summer days. But before you let your kids jump in the pool to splash around, think about how you can make this a safe, secure space for everyone. As a parent, knowing that your child is safe when they go for a swim is priceless!
Photo via Unsplash
If you like this post, please share it!
Alex is a stay-at-home father of three lively boys. Home safety is a number one priority when you are around this much energy and curiosity! He is one of the co-creators of the site safetytoday.org.
Follow me on social media: