Fall is just upon us, so this means cooler weather and other fun fall activities and crafts for toddlers! I know I’m usually ready for the cooler weather, as I live in the hot and humid sauna known as south Mississippi. I started taking my toddler out for more fall activities last year, and we had a blast! For example, we went to the pumpkin patch for the first time! There are so many other activities I’d love to try with her.
Thus, I wanted to discuss some of the activities we enjoyed last year that you may enjoy as well. Plus, there are so many other activities out there to explore! I also slipped in some fun fall crafts! Hence, here’s a post on a fall bucket list for toddlers! 🙂
1.Pumpkin Patch. This was my favorite activity last year! My daughter and I went to a local farm, and they had a small playground, sandbox, and an interesting duck contraption that kids could play with. I’m not sure what to call it, but it was fun for my daughter. We also got to do a hayride out to the pumpkin patch and each person got to pick one pumpkin. They also had drinks and snacks! Here are some pictures from our trip last year:
2.An outdoor playground. Being that we are from the South, fall is always a great time to head to the park since it’s cooler. Free play has so many benefits for children!
3. Jumping in a pile of leaves. This was my absolute favorite thing to do as a child. We’d rake leaves into a pile and take turns jumping into them!
4. Make s’mores. Now that it’s cooler, grab some chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers and make s’ mores by a fire!
5. Visit a fair or local festival. One of my fondest memories was going to the fair with my family. I loved going on the rides and the fair food!
6. Go see the beautiful change in colors on the trees. But, this depends on where you live. I live in the South, so there’s not much change in the leaves! However, I lived in Evansville, IN at one point, and there was a beautiful change in the colors of the leaves!
7. Go pick apples. We did this as a family when I was very young. I do remember even having some apple cider!
8. Go for a hike. I always feel so much better just being out in nature, but definitely not when it’s incredibly hot. So, hikes are great for the fall!
9. Carve pumpkins. Of course, you would be doing the carving… But toddlers can potentially draw designs or offer suggestions on what to carve. Rather than carving pumpkins, you could also have your toddler paint a pumpkin!
10. Go for a hayride. Always a fun activity!
11. Make caramel apples. Need a recipe? Here’s one for caramel apples.
12. Go camping. The cooler weather likely makes camping more enjoyable. If you need tips on camping with toddlers, click here.
13. Go Trick-or-Treating. My toddler thoroughly enjoyed this! I just had to make sure she didn’t make herself sick from eating all the candy!
14. Decorate the house with fall decor. Your toddler may enjoy helping with some of this 🙂
15. Read books about fall with your little one.
Click on the image for more information.
1.Autumn Tree Painting
See Projects with Kids for instructions!
2. Carmel Apple Friends
See Glued to my Crafts Blog for more!
3. Fall Wreath for Toddlers
See Toddler Approved for the instructions!
4. Apple Stamping Craft
5. Cute Leaf People Fall Craft
From Hands On As We Grow
6. Paper Plate Acorns
See Craft Create Cook for more!
7. Autumn Leaf Suncatcher
For instructions, click here.
8. Fall Stickers for Fall Scenes
You can use these stickers to create fall scenes on paper!
9. Paper plate Scarecrow
See Glued to my Crafts Blog for more!
Fall is a fun time for making new memories with your children! I hope these activities and crafts help your family have a more memorable fall! And if you are in the hot sauna of the South, please enjoy the cooler weather 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, please share!